29 weeks! I cannot believe we are already here. We are ready for this sweet baby girl in every single
way short of having the hospital bag packed. I am happy to say I am officially off all anti-nausea
medications and feeling great! It is so wonderful to really be feeling myself again and it's amazing what
I can accomplish in a day when I'm feeling well.
A couple things about being 29 weeks pregnant:
- She is approximately 2 1/2 pounds and the size of a butternut squash.
- She can see light and hear noise and is experimenting with touch and feel.
- I'm up 15 pounds from my regular weight- the same as I was at this point pregnant with Crew. With Crew I didn't gain any more weight in the last 10 weeks (even though I ate the same) so I'm hoping it's the same this time! I like to think the pregnancies are so difficult in the beginning that I get this little gift in the end. :) Although, if I had to trade weight gain for the sickness I would take the weight gain, no questions asked!
- Things are definitely getting snugger and more uncomfortable. My wedding ring is getting pretty difficult to get on and off. I'm really sad about that even though I knew it would come.
- I love feeling baby girl kick and move around all day long. I'm carrying her low just like I did Crew and get constant kicks to the bladder.
- Even though Crew doesn't really grasp there's a baby in my tummy, he has been fascinated with babies everywhere and is so sweet towards them. He came with me to the doctors last time and reminds me constantly that we "listened to the baby's heartbeat."
- I am feeling very baby hungry. I sit and daydream about holding her in my arms and nursing her. There is nothing like those first few days with your new little family and I'm so excited to experience that again - especially with Crew as an older brother.
These last 11 weeks can't go by fast enough!