Wednesday, August 22

Introducing Cambridge Colette


Oh my goodness! What a day yesterday was. We are so delighted that baby Cambridge arrived safely
and that we are already home and enjoying her sweet little spirit in our family. She is just perfect.

Here is how she got here:

After feeling itchy on and off since Friday evening, I knew the Cholestasis from my last pregnancy was
 back. It can be quite dangerous for baby so Monday afternoon we heard from my doc that he wanted us 
in bright and early (5:00 am!) Tuesday morning for an induction.

They got me started on Pitocin around 6 am. After 5 hours of regular contractions that were 2 minutes
apart and quite painful, and almost no progression I requested my epidural. Little did I know that baby
girl was less than an hour from making her debut! To make a very short story even shorter, the epidural
only caught up at the very end of my labor- basically for the 3 contractions I pushed through and the
delivery. I went from a 3 to delivered in less than an hour, and felt all but 5 minutes of it!

I have never experienced pain like that. Lance was an incredible support to me and I could not have
 done it without him. He was by my side and saying absolutely everything I needed to hear the entire
time. I can't imagine what a mess I would have been without him by my side and I feel incredibly lucky
 to have such a wonderful man as my husband and father to my children.

Even though it was difficult, the labor was incredibly empowering! It felt good to do something really
hard and know that you can handle so much more than you think you can. And baby girl is just a little
piece of heaven- I can't imagine a better way to have gotten her here!

She was 6 lbs, 13 oz. and 19.5 inches
Almost exactly the same size as Crew.

 Crew was so sweet with her and kept kissing her forehead. 

We had lots of visitors at the hospital- all of our closest family came to see baby 
girl and to share in our excitement in welcoming her to the family.

Grandma Mary gave Cambridge her very first bath.

Time to go home!


Great Grandma Pat came to visit us at home tonight and baby Cambridge snuggled
with her for 2 straight hours. She is grandma's 14th great grandbaby.

We are at home now just relaxing and getting in the swing of things with two children.

Thank you for all the kind wishes and sweet gifts from friends and family!
We feel so blessed to have baby Cambridge and her sweet little personality in our lives.

9 comments:

Latissa Marie Graham, L.M.T said...

She is just adorable Chrissy! So glad everything went well!

Unknown said...

Seeing her and Crew together melts my heart. So adorable.

Janeal said...

Chrissy, you make the cutest babies! Congratulations! I'm so glad you are both healthy, and that she got here safely.

Deborah said...

Chrissy, she is just so beautiful! I'm sorry your delivery was so painful though. I think my favorite is the picture of you and Crew with her - so darling! Congratulations again!!

Steve Murphy said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful little girl and what a blessing that you and the baby are healthy. We look forward to seeing you all on our next visit. P.S. I love the photo with Crew in it.

David and Brittany said...

Oh my goodness, she is so perfect!! Congrats you guys! I want to come see you guys next week! And I want to bring a meal over too! I will call you on Monday!! So glad that she is here safe and sound and that you are doing great despite the rough delivery! Love you Chriss!! Your amazing!

jordan and maci said...

congratulations to your family chrissy! what a doll she is!

Tessa and Jeff said...

YAY!! I'm so glad she is here safe and that everything went well! She is so adorable! Two kids is quite a challenge but oh so worth every minute!!! Can't wait to meet her :)

Jason McIntyre said...

she is just so beautiful! i am so happy for you guys! i posted 3 of your maternity pics on by blog. I love you Chrissy! love em