Tuesday, July 17

34.5 weeks

Yes, that .5 is very important to add in... :) 

We had our 34 week ultrasound yesterday and it was so fun for Lance and I to see baby girl and 
to know that everything is perfect with her growth and development. They estimate her weight to 
be right about 5 pounds, which is 33rd percentile. A little on the small side, but exactly what they'd 
expect from a little mommy. They are thinking she will be under 7 pounds at 40 weeks. Just 
the right size if you ask me.

This is the 3rd ultrasound so far. And we got a clear 3D shot of her face. It looks just like a real
picture because it is so crystal clear and she is just adorable! Can't wait to kiss those little cheeks.

Doc wants to induce at 39 weeks because of the complications I had last time which means
only 4 1/2 weeks to go! Believe it or not, that still sounds like an eternity. My body just feels
ready to have this baby... aching back, heartburn, restless nights. Not to mention my huge belly...




Maybe it doesn't look very big to some of you mommas out there, but to me it feels
enormous! It seems impossible for it to get any larger, but it is going to do just that.

It's been really difficult to see all the weight gain. I know it's part of the package,
and I would do it again in a heartbeat for baby girl, but it is not easy to watch the
scale go up and up and to know it's going to be a long road out.

Crew is understanding things better the closer we get. He even answered correctly
the other day when we asked him what the baby's name was going to be. We've
been talking about her all the time and trying our best to prep him so I'm really
curious to see how he responds. I'm sure we will have some jealousy and adjustment
but I'm also hoping that he is the sweet little boy I know and will just want to
love on her all the time and be my big helper. We'll see!

And as kind of a funny side note, here I am with just my t-shirt on. 
I've always been pretty curvy, and pregnancy is no exception.




3 comments:

Merrells said...

Your belly might be getting big (if that's okay to say to pregnant woman) but the rest of you is still so little! You're all baby! No wonder you're back in your regular pants a week after you deliver...jealous!

Karina Marie Powell said...

You look so good!!! you are so tiny, with just a basketball. ha that's the ideal belly! so excited for you!

David and Brittany said...

Most darling 34.5 week pregnant woman I've ever seen!! I SERIOUSLY can't wait for her to be here and to meet her. I hope these next four weeks go by fast for you and ME! lol. She is going to be soo perfect and precious. So excited for you guys!!