Friday, September 19

Our engagement: so romantic!

So I thought that since Lance and I are engaged now, I can officially join the world of bloggers! Yay! I'll start things off with our engagement story. It's a good one too...

We had been planning a hike with our friends Justin and Lindsay (and little Turin) for awhile. And because of comments they had been making all week, I thought there was no way he was proposing that night. I was a little bummed because I had really hoped to have a ring. So we were hiking along and almost to the top when I noticed a red table set with fine china and candles overlooking the city. I didn't think much of it til I saw Tosh and Keith and then I just knew this had to be it!


Tosh and Keith with Turin

Justin, Lindsay & Turin

But.... we finished dinner and still, no ring! We started hiking back down the mountain and, being the impatient person that I am, I asked him if this was just for fun or if he was really proposing. He loved it! He kept me in suspense until we came around the corner on the last leg of the hike. And there, on the ground, were candles all around a blanket. He had written me a song on the guitar. It was the sweetest thing.


Then, he got down on one knee and proposed. I was so excited I practically yelled yes! We had chosen the setting and diamond together but I had never seen them together and it just took my breath away. I couldn't stop looking at it all night.

Oh how I love him. We are so excited to start our lives together.
Mark your calendars for November 21st :)

12 comments:

jenimur said...

I get to be the first to comment! Yeah! I am so excited for you guys! He's a lucky guy to get you Chrissy! And nice job Chrissy, he's cute! It just doesn't seem possible! It seems like I just got married and you were a baby then! Go figure! Love ya! Congrats!

Tessa and Jeff said...

CONGRATS!!! Chrissy Walker... sounds great! I miss you and can't wait to meet this guy. He seems like a really nice guy and a perfect fit. Let's get together soon... now that you are going to be a blogger, let's keep in touch that way. Ours is littlejenningsfam.blogspot.com! Come visit us.

Merrells said...

Congrats on entering the blogging world! Oh, and your engagement too. It'll be fun to have another in-law around. (: We're excited for you both!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Chrissy! That is so exciting! I am so glad you have a blog. I will add you to ours!

Jess

gardnerfamily said...

Congrats guys... hey thanks a lot for telling me about your blog... :) So cute. Fun to see the pictures after hearing the story. I am so excited for your wedding... and of course everything else that follows... Love, Bruce, Kirstin & Savannah

Karlee said...

CHRISSY!!! I'm so glad you sent me your blog link! Now we can be blogging friends. My link is http://www.karleemarie.blogspot.com! Congrats again the the engagement! I am so happy for you! You two are so cute together. I love it!

whit & dan said...

Yay! I want to be invited to your reception I will be in town because my brother gets married on the 20th.

Jason & Shannon said...

I don't know if you remember me. Shannon, from a long time ago! How are you doing?! I hope you don't mind me finding your blog. Congratulations on the engagement!!

White Out said...

Wow! Chrissy congrats thats awesome! Welcome to the world of bloggers! You two make a great couple!

Brooke and Ryan Naylor said...

Happy Engagement! I'm so happy for you. You are looking as beautiful as ever, and Lance sure is a cutie too! I'll be looking forward to seeing an announcement from you! Good Luck with the planning. Call me if you need help with anything!

Kelli said...

Soo romantic! I'm in LOVE with your ring... it's beautiful and fits you perfectly! Ahh, I'm so excited for you and Lance!

PS - I love that you got impatient and asked if he was going to propose! You're so cute!

Latissa Marie Graham, L.M.T said...

Oh my goodness I am so excited for you!!! You two look darling together, and I am so glad you found your sweetheart! Marriage is amazing! Enjoy the wedding, because once it's over you are gonna want to relive it! I miss you Chrissy. We should go on a double date! Love you!